Delicious homemade gelato in a parmesan “Parmigiano” lace cup with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cream infused with essence of rosemary.
1-2 Rosemary Springs
3 cups of whole milk
1 cup of sugar
6 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cups of fruity extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. In a medium saucepan add the milk and rosemary sprig.
2. Heat very slowly to a gently simmer.
3. When it reaches a simmer, cover and remove from heat.
4. Let it steep for 1 hour. Then, strain and put it in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
5. Beat the sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl until pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
6. Slowly stream in the olive oil and continue beating until smooth and airy, approx. 3 minutes.
7. Add the infused milk, cream, vanilla and salt.
8. Beat until combined.
9. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Grate 2 cups of parmigiano reggiano on medium grate
2. On silpat (silicone mat) place cheese in circles
3. bake at 350 F until bubbly
remove and form a “bowl” over a small cup such as espresso cup, and let cool.
When cool, turn right-side up, fill with a scoop of gelato, a sprig of rosemary and serve.