Return to Recipe Index
Pasta e Fagioli
- Pasta 300 gr (app. 10.5 oz)
- Beans 500/600 gr (app.18-20 oz)
- Guanciale (aged pork cheek)
- Bay leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Gently sauté chopped onions, celery and carrots, and herbs in olive oil.
- Once browned, add the beans (which have to be precooked) and let them cook for a while.
- After a few minutes add warm water and let it reach the boiling point.
- Once it is boiling, add the pasta and let it cook until it is soft and not “al dente”. A couple of minutes before the pasta is cooked, add browned chunks of Guanciale. Once cooked, turn off the heat and let everything rest at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes, then ready to serve.