Return to Recipe Index
- 1 Onion
- 500GR (app 1 lb) Pumpkin (can substitute Butternut squash)
- 200 GR (.4 lb) Taleggio Cheese
- 200 ML (.8 cups) Fresh Cream
- 200 ML (.8 cups) Vegetable Stock
- 80 GR ( 3 oz) Toasted Hazelnuts
- 50 GR (1.7 oz) Amaretti Cookies
- Salt, Pepper, EVOO
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and sautè them with e.v.olive oil along with a roughly chopped onion.
- After about five minutes, season them with salt and cover with vegetable stock.
- Keep on simmering until the pumpkin cubes become as soft as necessary to be pureed.
- Puree the pumpkin with a stick blender.
- Separately, in a small pot, put the fresh cream and the Taleggio cheese on a gentle heat to let the cheese melt properly.
- Once melted, put the cheese / cream mixture you have into the pumpkin mixture and mix the ingredients well, stiring with a whisk or using the stick blender again.
- Adjust with salt and pepper, then plate the pumpkin cream soup.
- Add on top some chopped toasted hazelnuts and finish the dish sprinkling some Amaretti cookie crumbs, then the veloutè is ready to be served.